why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Monday, November 3, 2014

How I Write



All at once or nothing at all, with a few paragraphs here and there mixed in.

That's why I'm doing NaNo and starting three days in and hoping I'll catch up.  Because you better believe I'll finish it if I'm going to try it.  I did it once, right?  I can do it again.

I write in these funny spurts of a few hundred words.  That seems to be all I can manage at a time.  I love writing on Yarny, though, because I can place them in snippets and move things around and that seems to be the only way I can get into longer writing spurts--by being able to change what part of the story I'm writing at any given moment.

Somehow, I have to manage 1851 words a day if I am going to complete NaNo in the 27 days left.

How do you write?




[Image via Bestseller Labs]

No comments: