why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Friday, November 14, 2014

The Story (that isn't)



I began writing.

I made it to 5000 words.

And then grades were due and I was tired and I had a long, tiring Monday.

And then a whole week went by.

And I realized something: NaNoWriMo is awesome. The deadline is great...for most people.

But I only have so much space in my head and so much of my energy was poured into too many spaces.  So instead, I got out my art journal again--I hadn't touched it for most of October, through my first month of teaching--and I've done a handful of pages.

So even though my NaNoWriMo story fell apart (or rather, never fell together), I've been creating this month.  I've been making.  And that, my friends, is kind of the point of NaNo, right?  To create?

I have eleven pages left in my beautiful journal (made by Melissa Oesch of ReImagined by Luna).

And while I won't be writing a novel this month, I'll be filling this gorgeous book with my heart.

That's enough for me.


No comments: