why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Thirteen



I don't much care for thirteens.

On my thirteenth birthday, I had strep throat and had to cancel my birthday party.  And then the unthinkable happened--as some of you might know, I was born on the eleventh of September.

And so I don't much care for thirteens.

So when the calendar turned to 2013, I wasn't as greatly optimistic about the new year as I typically am.

Yet the thirteenth year of the twenty-first century has been full of incredible beginnings--working in actual schools and this slow and steady process of buying our first home.  Thirteen isn't such a bad number--it's even in our house number, sort of.

And so I'm coming around to the number thirteen.


["House Thirteen" by Caroline/Caro's Lines on Flickr, creative commons license]

No comments: