why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Reset



After writing about social media and digital citizenship for a course this summer, I started paying more attention to my own media consumption, especially social media.  I wrote about Link with Love a little while ago, which was really just the beginning of my rethinking.

Little by little, I've been making changes.  I've aimed to create more content, to follow only those blogs which add to my life and stop following the ones that leave me feeling less than (always unintentionally, I believe).  Then a thought occurred to me: I have loads of followers on my original Pinterest account.  Why not use it as a place to publicly share only links with original sources, content on beauty that's more than skin deep, and thoughtfully selected images in general.  So I saved all my old Pinterest boards as PDF files (try it on mac or pc), then deleted them.  I've simplified it all and made it easier to share only what I feel adds more to my life and corresponds to my beliefs on the topics Pinterest is most full of--style, quotes, crafts, meals, and so on.

And what about little things that are just for me or don't have original sources?  I made a secret board.  Easy as can be.

That's my reset.

Expect more on this topic, because it's on my mind every time I open my computer.

[image: my boards, after cleaning it up--isn't it so much simpler?  and notice how I have thirteen boards--let's see how long that lasts!]

No comments: