why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

No. 47

I just discovered the incredible work of Sayuri Sasaki Hemann via The Weaver House.  Hemann describes her work on this project, Underwater Aquarium, as an exploration of "the concept of being 'out of context' or 'displaced' by recreating a jellyfish aquarium in places where you least expect."

That unexpected element, even when viewed on my computer screen, is exactly what makes this breathtaking installation at Portland International Airport so bewitching.  I dare you to visit the post on The Weaver House and Hemann's website and not be entranced--and as ready to catch a flight to Portland as I am.  



Image by Kelty and Hannah of The Weaver House (don't you love their branding work for Hemann, too?)


P.S. Sorry for going silent (again).  I got wiped out by an allergic reaction on Sunday and wasn't up to anything by the time work was over yesterday.

No comments: