why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Friday, June 29, 2012

No. 48



The outside temperature is decently over a hundred degrees plus humidity, and only summer poems seem appropriate for this weekend.  One of my favorites, discovered during my first college summer, in the quiet moments with poetry that living by yourself provides, is this tiny yet compelling bit from Emily Dickinson (but of course).
To see the Summer Sky
is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie --
True Poems flee--

Have a happy weekend, friends!






p.s. I got into my master's program!  Thanks for all the happy thoughts and well-wishes! 


Image by Michael Garbutt of Elgarbo Art and Elgarbo on Etsy, available here
& my favorite Dickinson poem
& more Dickinson quotes here
& be my friend on Goodreads!

2 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

You little trickster! Putting the most awesome news ever in the smallest print. Congratulations! You are amazing and need to celebrate properly. Hugs!

Carly said...

Hi Katie! I saw your comments on Brandi's blog, and clicking over to yours, I am entranced by your pictures. I'm eager to keep reading!

Thanks!
Carly