why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

No. 34

The inspiration: his and hers pillow cases by Kinsey, featured on A Beautiful Mess

My to-make list is now one item shorter.  I learned a little along the way.

1. Don't forget your camera when you go out of town.  Will you forgive me for the funky lighting in the pictures?
2. Iron on transfers would've been much easier and neater than fabric markers, and I could've printed a tidier decorative font than the one I managed.
3. Adorable decorative stitches don't show up in photos when you take them with your cellphone.
4. Finish stitching everything on when you're at home with your sewing machine to save an hour and a half, rather than hand-stitching at your in-laws' house right before the rehearsal.

These look so much cuter in person, with lavender fabric on cream pillowcases, a star-shaped stitch (used here, actually) but they got boxed up in a wedding gift and given to some friends this weekend on their happy occasion, so I'm afraid these sad photos are all you'll see.


No comments: