why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

No. 35

My to-read stack is monstrous.  I wrote a little bit about it on the English Muse not too long ago, and yet I've added to it since.  Although I finished The Unbearable Lightness of Being and am midway through A Moveable Feast, the list has actually grown in the time I started making my way through it.

This weekend, when I picked up a couple slim (and thrifty!) volumes of poetry, the bookseller recommended that I read Beautiful and Pointless: A Guide to Modern Poetry.  I came home and looked it up, and now it's on my list.  I never did take a contemporary poetry class, though I was briefly enrolled in one before a space opened in a required course later.  Now that I've read the description, I feel I must read it before I read my poetry.

Books are conspiring to take over my life.

Image: The Classics original ink drawing by Kristina Hultcrantz of emmakisstina via Matchbook Mag

No comments: