why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

On Selfies, Part Two



This is when you're hit with a creative block.  You have a few pictures of your hands and realize that you're tired of pictures of your face.  The dog appears in a few more pictures--although he did quite literally jump into two of them and start licking my face.  Typical.  I also realized I'd inadvertently developed a summer uniform.

This third of the challenge was definitely more difficult.  I am a perpetual project starter.  I'll write every day!  I'll do this devotional/day book for a year!  I'll make a new craft every week!  I'll develop a yoga routine!  And so on.  The truth is, though, that all my habit-forming energy seems to be used up by necessary daily activities--washing my face, taking vitamins, cooking, doing dishes, and, you know, things that can't really be forgotten.

So it's rather impressive that I've made it this far with the 30 Days of Self Portraits challenge--or at least impressive to me.  I'm definitely a spontaneous and whimsical person, an ideas girl--and very much a nonlinear thinker.  I get mentally and creatively stuck in repetition, even though I have some daily habits that I truly love...

And now?  Now I'm going to work on a few of those projects I've started, because they'll be a lot easier to pack and move in three weeks (!!!!!) if they're done--and they'll drive me nuts if they're still sitting around when I start working again in two weeks.

Wish me luck?


No comments: