why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Realization



Even as little as a month ago, I wouldn't have had the guts to write something about my beliefs on a controversial issue on Facebook.  I mean, it is just Facebook, and it's probably a little stupid/naive to think I can put a thoughtfully written post there, but I have enough faith in most of my friends, family, and acquaintances to believe that they'll extend the same decency of thoughtfulness to me.

And, of course, I made it clear that I expect compassion, thoughtfulness, and kindness in any responses to my post, since making your expectations clear is good pedagogy and I had my methods class earlier today.  It's also good practice in relationships, perhaps?

This is a little success that I'm recording.  A little bit of honesty and bravery: the first a force of habit, and the latter a struggle.

["BE BRAVE" art print by Kelli Murray; available in her Society6 Shop]

No comments: