why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Beginnings



I came across these words twice in one day, in places I didn't expect to find them, and the next day?

I got that call I'd been waiting for all summer and working toward for two years.

I start on Monday.

On Friday morning, I carried drawers and supplies and such into my classroom.  Then I went to work, my last day as a teaching assistant.  In the afternoon, I bought some shelves at Peddler's Mall and stamped a few more books.  I found an activity for my first lesson that connects to writing and our focus areas for the next few weeks.  I planned.  I dreamed.  I prepared.

Tomorrow, I begin my teaching career, this job and calling and passion I've worked for through the last two years.

I can't wait.

No comments: