why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Monday, August 4, 2014

My Last Lazy Monday Morning

You guys, I think this is my last slow, lazy, at-my-own-pace Monday morning for awhile.

and I'm very happy about that for reasons I'll explain later in the week.

This is what I did with it:



The list of things I often think I am not is fairly simple: I am not an artist or a writer.  I'm not really a journaler or an art journaler or talented or whatever.  That's not the point of this, though, and so I'll just post that disqualified here.  The whole point of this exercise it to make, and this time?  This time it's not half bad.  I rather like how it turned out, all blue and swirl and layered.  It's okay that I don't have gesso (because I'm not an Artist), so I used acrylics.  It's okay that the pages warped a bit.  It's okay that a lot of things blurred and that one of the bird stamps didn't show up all the way.  It's imperfect and that's how it's supposed to be.

It's okay that this piece of art feels really personal, really myself, and posting it here feels vulnerable.

I'm even feeling silly about the not-so-great-syntax I'm using here, sentence after sentence of unclear pronouns (what is it?).  I tell myself the structure is for rhetorical emphasis.  I don't need to worry about that.  

If you can't quite read it, the words on her neck are "i am enough" (inspiration here).


1 comment:

... said...

You are creative. You are a writer and an artist.
Believe it.