why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lately, Again

When did I last post?  I'm not even sure.  When I resolved to write this year, I meant I'd journal and blog more.  Obviously, I haven't.

Instead, I've been writing for school, every day, constantly.  I pulled this together, too, and I'm fairly pleased:


In just two months and a few days, I'll graduate with my teacher certification.  I love my placement school, and I love the kids, but I am still so excited to graduate and, fingers crossed, have my own classroom in the fall.  Every day, I leave school tired, and I have moments of great frustration, but on each of those days, I also leave fulfilled.  I leave school knowing that I have tried, that I have cared, that I have taught, and with great hope that the kids have learned.

I also hope that I haven't annoyed the eighth graders too much by rhapsodizing about To Kill a Mockingbird.  They find my love for the book and movie a little amusing and odd.  Just wait, I tell them.  Read it again, or get to the end, and you'll feel that connection to the story, to that knowledge that it tells us something important about what it is to be human.





No comments: