why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Monday, January 6, 2014

When You're Ready to Begin



I'm ready to student teach.  I've done all the preparatory work.  I've studied, taught a few lessons, organized my paperwork.  The freezer has the pre-made lunches, my closet has enough leggings and dresses and sweaters to keep me both professional and warm, my reflections journal is ready to go.

But there's no school.

So although I'm not going to complain about extra days off (even if we will have to make them up later), I'm ready to get started.  I'm ready to get in the classroom, work with a great mentor teacher, and meet a hundred or so new kids.  I'm ready to figure out what kind of teacher I'll be and what kind of classroom I want to create.

But there's no school.

So I'm learning a little extra patience, which I suppose isn't a terrible thing to learn.

Winter, you've had your fun!  Now let me student teach!