why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

No. 29



I finally read The Unbearable Lightness of Being.  Tomorrow, I'm going to write about it on The English Muse, but I can't resist sharing one of my favorite lines from the text.  

“Tomas did not realize at the time that metaphors are dangerous. Metaphors are not to be trifled with. A single metaphor can give birth to love.” 
― Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being



3 comments:

Brandi said...

I found this book in my hands last year, in the middle of the quarter. I read bits of it at night, when I only really had a half hour of free time away from studies and blogging and people. It stamped something on me that hasn't gone away yet. Such an amazing book.

Tiffany Kadani said...

That photo and those words are incredible. I think I have to read the book now.

Me said...

:) That is beaitiful. Metaphors are not to be trifled with.