why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

No. 21


I snapped this picture of roses from the garden at my parents' house two years ago.  This year's roses haven't fully sprung yet, but theres a little bit of that not-quite-pink, not-quite-red shade in amongst all the greenery.  Many of the other flowers are in full bloom now, yellows, pinks, and greens galore.

If you read my old blog, you might have noticed that when I mention and/or show pictures of flowers, they're frequently roses.  Perhaps it's cliché, but roses really are my favorite flower--so many colors, so many types, such delicacy and such fierceness, all at once, all from one flower.  Oh, and it helps that they're one of the few flowers I'm not allergic to, silly as that may be.

Now if only I had time to sit outside with a book and enjoy the freshness of spring...

No comments: