why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Friday, April 20, 2012

No. 14

I planted a few marigolds today, along with geraniums, coleus, and a few herbs.  Right now the plants are all tiny and only partly in bloom, but soon they'll be growing and flowering and wonderful.

Spring is beautiful for all its new life.  I've never been much of a gardener; I'm allergic to far too many plants to spend lots of time with them.  This year, though, I am slowly filling pots and plant beds with more herb and simple annuals, and watch everything come into bloom around me.

Shadehouse in the garden at Merthyr House, Brisbane, ca. 1908, from the State Library of Queensland, via The Commons on Flickr; no known copyright restrictions

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I envy you. Our 'garden' (more like a porch) is far too small to be planting flowers of any kind. I'm not being ungrateful, though. Atleast we have some lovely potted plants. It's amazing how simply looking at some sort of greenery/flowers can freshen you up. Do post pictures of your flowers once they've grown.

A wishful gardener