why untitled, unwritten?

I once labeled everything before it was written, until I found it kept too many words away. Now I am leaving the unwritten untitled, until it grows into a name.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

No. 12


I'm a little in love with these prints by Swedish artist Maja Lindberg.  The Little Red Riding Hood print appeared in my Etsy taste test and I was enchanted instantly.


This one, The Swing, makes me sad in a happy sort of way, as if I can connect to her sadness in my memories but also tell her that it will not last forever.  Maybe I see my more wistful teenage self--sad at a moment, but soon to be cheered.



However, this is the one that I'd love to own the most.  It's simply Beneath the Stars.  I get that wonder every time I look at the sky at night, and the girl's upturned face captures her expression without having to show it.

Lovely.

No comments: